Practicing Sweeping Corners on Adventure Bikes
When we got our first big adventure bikes, we were really intimidated when cornering on gravel and dirt resource roads. Since then, we’ve taken training programs, and we’ve applied some cross training from our dirt biking and mountain biking experience. The principle are all the same folks, the bikes are just a LOT bigger. Here’s the cheat sheet.
- Stand with core muscles engaged
- Elbows wide – Bum way to the outside
- Weight the outside foot peg – hard!
- Chin, and belly button, pointed into the turn
- Drop the bars
- Smile, and keep looking ahead